We make a lot of our jewelry from stainless steel, as it is strong, tough, and a much better price point than silver or gold.
Our steel is rust resistant and very easy to clean, following the steps below...
How Often Should You Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry?
That depends on how often you wear it. We recommend cleaning when the piece begins to lose its luster, which will be caused over time by grease, pollution, scratches, etc.
We also recommend cleaning it if exposed to strong chemicals, such as bleach.
We recommend clean with soap and water. This is how we clean our own jewelry and it works well. There is no need to buy expensive specialist cleaning solutions.
- Add warm water to a small bowl that is large enough to submerge the piece you need to clean
- Add 2-3 drops of dish liquid soap
- Put the jewelry in the bowl and submerge it under the water for 5 minutes.
- Use a toothbrush (soft bristles) and gently scrub the jewelry. Make sure to clean inside engravings and any small nooks where dirt might hide
- When done, rinse the piece under warm running tap water
- Use a microfibre or similar cloth (really any soft cloth is fine) to dry the piece.
Protecting Your Jewelry
We recommend the following to keep your jewelry clean for longer
- Keep it away from chemicals like hairspray
- Remove it before entering swimming pools or other areas where there may be exposure to chlorine or bleach
- Store it in a soft bag or a box when not worn
Never use abrasive cleaners.